RETAIL NVQ – Level 2
Contact: – 01952 642331
[email protected] - 01952 642343
Contact: 01952 642331 / 642343
RETAIL NVQ – Level 2
Retail Operations NVQs are aimed at people working in the retail sector.
The level 2 qualification is suitable for people who carry out a range of retail activities. For example, sales
This qualification is very flexible in its structure enabling the organisation and individual to choose the optional
units which best suit their work situation and job role.
Like all NVQs, this qualification is competence based. This means that it is linked to the candidate's ability to
competently perform a range of tasks connected with their work. Candidates plan a programme of
development with their assessor and compile a portfolio of evidence to prove that they are competent and
knowledgeable in their work role.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE NVQS?
To gain a full Level 2 Retail NVQ candidates must achieve six units, comprising one mandatory unit plus
five optional units.
Mandatory Optional Units
E19 – SALES
C3 - Help customers choose products in a retail MERCHANDISING
environment B5 Keep stock on sale at required levels in a retail
effectively C4 - Maximise product sales in a retail environment environment
in your C5 - Provide information and advice to customers in a
C2 – Display stock to promote sales to customers
retail team retail environment in a retail environment
C6 - Demonstrate products to customers in a retail C18 – Follow guidelines for planning and
environment preparing visual merchandising displays
C12 - Promote loyalty schemes to customers in a retail C19 – Follow guidelines for dressing visual
environment merchandising displays
STOCK MANAGEMENT C21 – Dismantle and store visual merchandising
B3 – Receive goods and materials into storage in a retail displays
environment C22 – Make props for visual merchandising
B4 – Put goods and materials into storage in a retail displays
environment C23 – Put visual merchandising displays together
B6 – Process customer orders for goods in a retail IFINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
environment C8 – Process payments for purchases in a retail environment
PRODUCT EXPERTISE C9 – Process payments and credit applications
B9 – Prepare products for sale to customers in a retail environment for purchases in a retail environment
B10 – Process bake-off products for sale in a retail environment C10 – Process cash and credit transactions in a retail
B11 – Process fish and shellfish for sale i in a retail environment
C36 – Follow point-of-sale procedures for age-
B12 – Process greengrocery products for sale in a retail environment
restricted products in a retail environment
B13 – Finish meat products by hand in a retail environment
B17 – Contribute to dough production control and
B7 – Process returned goods and materials in a retail
B18 – Select, weigh and measure dough ingredients D1 – Give customers a positive impression of
B19 – Hand divide, mould and shape fermented doughs yourself and your organisation
B21 – Maintain food safety while working with food in a retail D2 – Support customer service improvements
D3 – Resolve customer service complaints
C11 – Assemble retail products in customer’s
E6 – Help to maintain health and safety in a retail
C17 - Provide the lingerie fitting service in a retail environment environment
C35 – Promote beauty products to retail customers E7 – Help to keep the retail unit secure
C37 – Help customers to buy National Lottery products in a
Telford College is committed to a policy of promoting equality of opportunity and access through its services. There are specific policies on disability, race and gender as well as the Colleges – Equality and
Diversity Policy – please contact Student Services for copies on 01952 642237 or visit our website at www.tcat.ac.uk
The Information, Advice and Guidance distributed by Telford College
is monitored by the College’s Advice and Guidance Network. The
College works to the National Information, Advice and Guidance
standards of MATRIX.
LARGER TEXT AVAILABLE ON REQUEST MAY 2007
- Related pdf books
- LEVEL 3 4 5 CERTIFICATE IN MANAGEMENT
- NVQ Level 2
- Youth Work Practice INT Apprenticeship L2
- HEAD of HUMAN RESOURCES - Home | Telford College of Arts and ...
- Clinical Healthcare Support Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- RETAIL NVQ – Level 2
- Complaints, Suggestions and Concerns Policy
- Engineering Manufacture Advanced Apprenticeship for Craft and ...
- Sports Academy News
- Childcare Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- CALENDAR 1997/98
- Sports Academy News
- Learner Services Policy Statement of Service
- Business and Administration Higher Apprenticeship Level 4
- Module 8 Curriculum
- STAFF HANDBOOK 2012/13 - Telford College of Arts and Technology
- Religion or Belief Equality Policy
- Popular epubs
- Retail World Summit, Retail World Conference, Retail World Congress, R...alia, Retail World Manageme
- Level 6- Level 7- Level 8- - Chord Sheet for Beginner Guitar ...
- Inherent Risk Level Residual Risk Level Likelihood Consequence ...
- Exchange Rate Movements and Firm Dynamics in Canadian Retail ...
- Brownings Pharmacy Publix Pharmacy COCOA BEACH RETAIL PHARMACIES ...
- Breaking Open the Consumer Behavior Black Box: SEM and Retail ...
- LETTERS Escherichia coli Producing CMY-2 -Lactamase in Retail ...
- you. 10,000 reward items available us. Coffee Machines Retail ...
- SIR07 V2 Retail Services Training Package
- franchisee satisfaction retail franchises