The Geography of China
The Geography of China
Michele Lasker and Joan Sizemore
November 10, 2002 – Handout
Worksheet of Instructions for
Labeling the Provinces and Geographic Features – Two Maps
Map 1 – Geographic Features
1. Label the following bodies of water using blue.
Pacific Ocean, Yangtze River, Pearl River, East China Sea, South China Sea, Sea of
Okhotsk, and Yellow Sea
2. Label the following cities using a star within a circle.
Shanghai, Beijing, Xi’An, Canton, Harbin, Urumqi, and Guangzhou
3. Label the following mountain ranges with an upside down v.
Himalayas, Quinling, and Altai
4. Label the Islands in yellow.
Hainan, and Hong Kong
5. Label the countries in green.
Mongolia, Russia, Japan, Vietnam Laos
6. Label the desert in brown.
The Gobi Desert
Map 2 – The Provinces
7. On the Label the provinces that have the nine minorities that we will
be studying using green, purple, orange, red, and yellow. Shade
lightly with your map pencils. All of the labels need to be placed
horizontally and should be printed.
Anhui, Gansu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Hainan, Heilongjiang, Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Guizhou,
Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Liaoning, Sha’anxi, Shanxi, Zhejiang, Hunan, Qinghai, Shandong,
Sichuan, Taiwan, and Yunnan.
8. Locate your minority group using the Map of the Distribution of
Nationalities in the Peoples’ Republic of China, 1998
The minorities are: The Dong, the Miao, the Uighur, the Zhuang, the Man, the Dai, the
Bai, the Oroqen, and the Li.
- Related pdf books
- Save by going green Yale’s Corporate Express Recycledpaper
- YALE UNIVERSITY•NATIONAL TRAINING INSTITUTE
- Review TRENDS in Microbiology
- An Informational Theory of Election Observers,
- OUR HISTORY CLOWNING AS SERVICE - Yale University
- No Slide Title
- History of Science and Medicine - Yale University
- The Arabidopsis Chaperone J3 Regulates the Plasma Membrane H
- Business of Biotech 6 - Yale University
- Yale Software Library For assistance contact the ITS Help Desk
- The OISS Guide to - Yale University
- Yale Center for Science and Social Science Information
- Balance between Folding and Degradation for Hsp90-Dependent ...
- CHAPTER FIVE: MARSHLAND VISIONS - Yale University
- LETTER OF INTENT FOR AGING-RELATED RESEARCH CLAUDE D. PEPPER ...
- The Georg Walter Leitner Program in Comparative and ...
- ANNUAL REPORT Honor Roll - Yale University
- Popular epubs
- Medical geography or geography of health? A reflection Flávia de ...
- 2000 Census Geography 2000 Census Geography
- Geography Geography
- BOAT INTERNATIONAL CHINA - BOAT INTERNATIONAL CHINA – PUBLISHING ...
- CHINA RUBBER Sponsored by: China Rubber Industry Association
- China e o mundo chinés La fracturada economía china: análisis ...
- ONNECTED IS A MATTER OF GEOGRAPHY
- GEOGR A P HY DEPARTMENT - Year 10 GCSE GEOGRAPHY
- Cartographic Design Issues Utilizing - Department of Geography and ...
- An interactive thematic atlas focused on the changing geography of ...