Department of studies in Hindi
- FileName: hindicourses.pdf
Department of studies in Hindi
M.A. Two Years ( 4 Semesters)
Eligibility for M.A. In Hindi:
Degree of University of Mysore with Hindi as a subject studied
Under Group I or Group II or Degree of any other University recognized as equivalent
thereto with Hindi as a subject or A University Degree with any one of the following
a) Rastra Bhasha Praveen or Rastra Bhasha Visharad of Dakshin Bharath Praveen or
Rastra Bhasha Visharad of Dakshin Bharath Hindi Prachar Sabha, Chenni.
B) Rajbhasha Vidwan or Rajbhasha Prakash Examination of Karnataka Hindi Prachar
C) Hindi Ratna Examination of Mysore Hindi Prachar Parishat, Bangalore.
D) Bhasha Praveen Examination of Karnataka Mahila Hindi Seva Samithi, Bangalore.
E ) Sahitya Visharad i.e. Sahitya Madyama or Uttama (with Hindi Sahitya) i.e.
Sahitya Ratna of Hindi Sahitya Sammelan, Prayag or Hindi Vidwan of Karnataka
Government with the post Pre-University Diploma in Hindi of the University or Hindi
Vidwan of Government of Karanataka with S.S.L.C and B.Ed. of this University.
Course Duration Eligibility Criteria
M.Phil. One year Master’s Degree in Hindi
with a minimum of 55%
(50 % minimum for SC/ST
Ph,D, 5 years .
P.G.Diploma in One Year Degree with Hindi as
Prayajanmulak Hindi optional or Language or
pass in any other
examination as equivalent
thereto with a minimum of
45% of marks
Certificate course in Six Months A pass in P.U.C. with
Functional Hindi Hindi as a subject of study
or a recognized equivalent
examination or a pass in
P.U.C. with working
knowledge of Hindi.
Outline Syllabus each course offered:
SYLLABUS FOR M.A. - 2008-2009
Paper1.1: Language other than Hindi (Any one of the following)
Paper 1.1.1 Sanskrit
Books for study:
(a) Valmiki Ramayana- Ayodhyakanda-canto-I
(b) Karnabharam of Bhasa
(c) Panchatantram-Mitralabha (Shloka 1 to 65) Nirnaya, Sagar Press, Bombay
(d) Knowledge of the following Sabdas : Rama, Ramaa Jnana, Hari, Sambhu, Mati,
Nadi, Asmad, Yusmad
(e) Knowledge of lakaras - lat, lang.
(f) Knowledge of Sandhis in general, Samasas like Tatpurusa, Karmadharaya,
Babuvreehi, Dvandva and Dvigu.
1.1.2 (ii) Kannada :
I Books for Study:
(a) Beralge Koral - Kuvempu - Udayaravi, V. V. Mohalla, Mysore
(b) Yashodhara - Masti Venkatesha Iyengar, Jeevana Karyalaya, Bangalore
(c) Nikshepa - Hanur Krishna Murthy, Samvahana Prakashan Evening Bazar, Mysore-1
II History of Kannada literature :
(a) General Survey of different periods of Kannada literature
(b) Kavi Raja Marga, Pampa, Ranna, Chavundaraya, Basaveshwara, Allamprabhu,
Akkamahadevi, Kumaravyasa, Purandaradasa, Kanakdasa, Kuvempu, Dr. Bendre,
Shivaramkarantha, Masti Venkatesh Iyengar.
Books for study:
1. Kirtilata by Vidyapati (Ed. by Dr. Vasudev Sharan Agarwal-Sahitya Sadan, Jhansi)
(for annotations-First and Second pallavas only)
2. Hindi ke Vikas me Apabhramsha ka yog-Dr. Namvar Singh, Lokabharati Prakashan.
Allahabad (Apabhramsha doha Sangrah for annotation (1 to 100)
3. Apabhramsha Bhasha aur Sahitya : Pratham Khand and Dwitheey Khand of "Hindi
ke Vikas me Apabhrasha ka Yog of" Dr. Namvar Singh" to be studied :
1.1.4 Karnataka Samskriti aur Kannada Sahitya :
(Question paper will be set in Hindi and answers should be written in Hindi)
1. Antiquity of Karnataka - Etimology of the works - 'Karnataka' and 'Kannada'
2. A brief survey of Karnataka's Music, Sculpture and architecture.
3. Karnataka's important religious and tourist centers.
4.A general survey of History of Kannada literature through the ages.
5. Following poets are prescribed for study - Pampa, Basaveshwara, Allamaprabhu,
Akkamahadevi, Kumaravyasa, Kanakadasa, Purandardasa, Sarvajna, Kuvempu, D. R. Bendre,
Masti Venkatesh Iyengar.
6. A general Survey of the development of the following literary forms - Lyrics, Novel -
Paper - 1.2 Modern Hindi Poetry –I
1. Kamayani - Jayashankar Prasad
(Only chinta, Asha and Shraddha Sargas to be studied)
2. Saket - Maithilisharana Gupta
(Only Navam Sarga to be studied)
3. Raag Virag - Ed. Ramvilas Sharma
(following poems are prescribed for Annotations - Juhi ki kali ; Jago phir Ek bar - 1
& 2, Badal Rag - 16, Saroj Smriti, Ram ki Shaktipuja, Vanbela, Todthi pathar and
Paper 1.3 Modern Hindi Proses, (Adhunik Hindi Gadya)
Books for Study:
1. Chintamani - Ramachandrashukla (1-8 Essays to bestudied)
2. Kutaj-Hazariprasad Dwivedi (1-10 Essays to be studied)
3. Vikalang Shraddha ka dour - Harishankar Parasai
Paper - 1.4 Hindi Sahitya Ka Ithihas - I (History of Hindi literature upto 1900)
1. Hindi Ithihas lekhan Parampara - Ithihas lekhan Ke aadhar
2. Hindi Sahitya Ke Ithihas ka Kalvibaajan – Namkaran Sambhandhi Vad - Vivad
3. Adikal-Adikal ka Parivesh aur SamanyaVisheshathayen Siddh, Nath aur Jain
Sahitya, Pramukh Raso Kavya Tatha Un ki Pramanikata, Prithwiraj Raso Ke Vishesh
Sandarbh me. Amir Khusro - Vidyapati.
4. Bhaktikal-Bhaktikal kapariveshSamany Visheshathayen Bhakti Andolan ke Uday ka
Samajika sasmkritik Karan Pramukh Dharayen - 1 Nirgun (Jnanmargi Premamargi Bhakti
Shakhaon Ki Visheshathayen) Bhaktidhara Ke Prathinidhi Kaviyon ka Adhyayan (2) Sagun
(Ram Bhakti Shakha aur Krishna Bhakti Shakha) Bhakti shakha ke prathinidhi kaviyon ka
5. Reetikal : Reetikal Ka Parivesh - Samanya Visheshathayen, Reetikavya Ke Mulsroth
Lakshna Granthon Ki Parampara, Shringar Ras Ki Rachanaon Ki Pradhanatha Ka Karan
Reetibaddha - Reetisiddha - reetimukt Kavya dhara - in Dharavon Ki Visheshathayen -
Dharavon ke Pramukh Kaviyon Ka Adhyayan - Bhushan aur anya Phutkal Kavi.
Paper - 1.5 Translations: Theory and Practice
1. Definition, Scope and importance of Translation
2. Translation is Art or Science
3. Qualifications of the best Translator
4. Principles of Translation - Problems of Translation -Problems while Translation of
Idioms, Proverbs and other cultural items, problems while Translating Drama, Prose,
Humanities and Science.
5. Types of Translation - Kavyanuvad, Shabdanuvad & Saranuvad etc.
6. Translation of passages from Kannada/English to Hindi and Hindi to
7. Technical Terms - Hindi and English words and Phrases used in Official
Paper - 2.1 Hindi Sahitya ka Ithihas – II Adhunik Kal (History of Hindi literature-II
1. Adhunik Kal Ke Sahitya ko Prabhavit Karne vale tathaa Bharateeya Navjagaran Ki
Vichardhara aur unka Prabhav.
2. Hindi gadya ke Pratham char lekhak aur unka yogadan
3. Bharatendu Yug : Pravritthiyan aur Pramukh Rachanakar, Unka Yogdan.
4. Dwivedi Yug : Pravritthiyan aur Pramukh Rachanakar, Unka Yogdan.
5. Chayavad - Pragativad - Prayogvad - Naikavita - Satottari Kavita - Pravritthiyan aur
Pramukh Rachanakaron Ka yogdan
6. Hindi Upanyas, Kahani, Nibandh, Vyangya, Alochana Sahitya Ka Udgam aur Vikas,
in vidhavon Ke Pramukh Rachanakaron Ka Yogdan (No important poet/writer should be
Paper 2.2 Modern Poetry -II
Books prescribed for study:
1. Tarapath : Sumitranandan Panth (1 to 35 Poems Prescribed ) Pub. : Lokbharti
Prakashan, 15A M. G.Road, Allahabad)
2. Kurukshetra - Ramdhari Singh Dinkar (1, 2, 6, & 7 Sargas only prescribed) Pub :
3. Ekalavya-(student edition) (Sthav, Darshan, Dwandva and Dakshina only) Ramkumar
Varma-Published by Sahitya Bhavan private LTD 93, Zero Road, Allahabad-211003
Paper 2.3.1 Hindi Vyakaran :
Portions prescribed —
1. Classification of vowels and consonants
4. Parts of speech
Noun - Definition and kinds, Pronoun - Definition and kinds, Adjective - Definition
and kinds, Verb -Definition and kinds, (Sakarmak, Akarmak, Preranarthak and Samyuktha
Adverb - Definition and kinds, Conjunction - Definition and kinds, Preposition -
Definition and kinds, Interjection - Definition and kinds
5. Gender, Number and Case
6. Tenses, Moods and Voices
7. Kridantha - Definition and kinds
8. Thaddhitha, Upasarga, Pratyaya
9. Sentence - Definition and Kinds
10. Parsing of words.
2.3.2 Upanyaskar Agneya
1. Shekhar : Ek Jeevani
2. Nadi Ke Dweep
3. Apne Apne Ajanabi (Annotations will be asked from all the three books)
Paper 2.4 Bharteeya Sahitya
1. Bharteeya Sahitya ka Swarup
2. Bharatheeya Sahitya ke Adyayayan Ki Samasyayen
3. Bharteeya Sahitya me Aaj ke Bharat ka Bimb
4. Hindi Sahitya me Bhaarteeya mulyoki Abhivyakti
5. Tulanatmak Sahitya
(a) Tulanatmak Adhyayan ke Siddanth
(b) Tulanatmak Adhyan ki Samasyayen
(c) Tulanatmak Aadhyayan ki Dishayen
1. Basava aur Kabir
2. Kabir aur Sarvajna
3. Akkamahadevi aur Meera
4. Maithilisharana Gupta aur Kuvempu ki Urmila
5. Panth aur Kuvempu
Texts for Detailed study:
1. Adhunik Kannad Kavya-Chief Editor-Dr. J.S Kusumageetha, published by DOS in
Hindi. University of Mysore. Poets prescribed :Da.ra. Bendre, Kuvempa,
Pu.Thi.Narasimhachar, K.S. Narasimha Swamy. M. Gopalkrishna Adig, G.S. Shivarudrappa.
Chandrashekhar Patil. Siddalingiah.
2. Adhunik Bharathey Kavitha-Edited by Dr. Audhesh Narain Mishra and Dr. Nand
Kishore Pandey.Published by Vishwavidyalay Prakashan. Varanasi, (Syllabus Prescribed :
Poems of Gujarathi. Tamil, Telugu, Bangla, Marathi, Maleyalam
3. Kannada Ki Shresthha Kahaniyan -Edited by Dr. Thippeswamy, Published by
Lokbharathi Prakashan, 15 A Mahatma Gandhi Road, Allahabad (First 10 stories only
Paper 2.5 Prayojanmulak Hindi :
1. Indian Constitution and Hindi, Development of Hindi as Official Language, Hindi
and other Indian Languages - their Relationship.
2. Receipt, Registration and Distribution of Dak - Central Registry, Registry Section,
Receipt of Dak - Opening of Dak - Registration of Dak - Distribution of Dak.
3. Perusal of Dak -Classification and Marking of Receipts - Dairing of Receipts -
Section Dairy - Inter - Sectional Reference - Perusal of Dak by Branch Officer, Deputy
Secretary - unofficial reference-Instructions by Officer for time of action priority in
movements of Dak - Note Book for Important Receipts - Scrutiny of the Dairy and Inter -
Sectional movement Register.
4. Action of Receipts, Initial Examinations of receipts by Assistant, collection of
relevant material - bringing a receipt of File - Docketing of Receipt-Notes-Action by
Section Officer - Noting by Branch Officer - Notes and orders by Deputy Secretary -
submitting to Minister Interchange of notes between. Officers in the Ministry. Record of
verbal discussions, orders and instructions - weekly statement of cases disposed of without -
reference to Minister - Channel for submission of cases - Noting on unofficial references -
examination of proposals from attached Officers - Assistant's Dairy, Monthly Summary for
the Cabinet, Monthly Note for the Indian Missions abroad - Acknowledgement -
nterim reply - Comunications to Members of Parlia ments and State Governments.
5. Noting - what is noting - General Instructions for Noting- Some examples in English
and in Hindi.
6. Drafting- What is drafting - When to prepare drafts - The language of Drafting -
Authentication of government Orders, General Instructions for Drafting - some samples,
various forms of Drafts – Primary Drafting Personal letter, Application, invitation letter and
Business letter, Advance Drafting - Office Memorandum, Circular, Sanction
letter, Office Order, Demi - official letter - unofficial Memoradum and Note.
Endorsement - Notification - Resolution - Press Communique and Press Note. Telegram -
Paper 3.1 Choices Based Elective 'General Hindi'
a) "Saras Hindi Kavya Sankalan " by Dr. Nepalnath Mishra. published by Jan Bharati
Portions to be studied:
1. Kabirdas -Sakhee
5. Sumitranandan Pant-Bharte Mata
(b) The following five stories of Premchand are to be studied.
3. Thakur ka kuvan
4. Bade Bhayee Saab
5. Sava Ser Gehoon
(c) Basic Hindi grammar
Division of Marks will be as follows :
Four Main questions with internal choice of 16 marks each 16x4=64 marks on Poetry and
16 objective type questions on Basic Hindi Grammar of one mark each 16x1=16 = 16
Internal Assessment - 20 marks
(One test - 10 Marks + two assignments - 10 Marks)
Paper 3.2 Old Hindi Poetry
(a) Text Prescribed
1. Vidyapathi Padavali, Ed. by Shivaprasad Singh
2. Kabir - Vachanamruth (edited by Vijayendra Snathak and Rameshchandra Mishra,
Published by National Publishing House, New Delhi) - First 40 Dohas and First 10 Padas
3. Padmavath – Jayasi (Prescribed Nagamati Viyog Khand only)
Paper 3.3 Medieval Hindi Poetry
1. Bhramarageet Sar - Surdas, R. C. Shukla (1-50 Padas prescribed)
2. Ramacharit Manas - (Balakand, First 75 Dohas including choupais)-Tulsidas
3. Bihari - Ed. by Dr. Vishwanath Prasad Mishra (1-80 Dohas)
Paper3.4 Samanya Bhasha Vignyan : (Elements of Linguistics)
(a) Portions prescribed:
1. Introduction: Laguage - its definition and nature ; language as a Communicative
medium,place of language in human life-Dialect and Language. Theories regarding origin of
languages. Different forms of Languages.
2. Classification of Languages: Principles and basis for classification of languages -
morphological classification and genealogical classification.
3. Phonetics: Physiological aspect - production of speech sounds - classification of
speech sounds - phonetic description of sounds.
4. Phonemics: Definition and concepts of phoneme - Types of phonemes - phoneme and
5. Phonetic change : Types of phonetic changes - causes of phonetic changes -phonetic
law : General nature ; some important laws - Grimm's law, Verner's Law and Palatal law.
6. Morphology: traditional and modern concept of morpheme, Ruptattva and
Arthatathva - Types of Morphemes - Grammatical functions of morphemes.
7. Semantics: Definition of meaning - Semantic Changes - causes and Types.
8. Graphology: Script (Lipi) - definition and use, origin and development of different
types of scripts - History of Devanagari and Kharosti.
9. History of Linguistics and elementary knowledge of the developments in India and
West from ancient times.
10. Syntax - Definition and kinds of syntax.
Paper3.5 Hindi Bhasha Ka Ithihas : (History of Hindi Language)
1. A General survey of the evolution of the Aryan Languages in India. Its main stages -
Old, Medieval and Modern.
2. Historical Development of Hindi Language
3. Dialects of Hindi - Classification, Short description of all dialects with special
reference to Urdu, Avadhi and Khadi Boli.
4. Hindi phonology -Classification and description of Hindi sounds - Evolution of Hindi
sounds - Sanskrit, foreign sounds - Tatsam, Tadbhav etc.
5. Structural History of Hindi - (a) Hindi parts of Speech - evolution and structure; (b)
Hindi post positions, prefixes, Infixes and suffixes used in Hindi.
6. Hindi ShabdaBhandar
Paper 4.1 Hindi Patrakarita (Hindi Journalism)
1. Patrakarita : Arthh, Paribhasha, Patrakarita ka Adarsh aur Uddeshya,
Patrakarita kiisheshata, Sahitya aur Patrakarita, Patrakarita Ke Vibhinna
Roop, Peeth Patrakarita.
2. Hindi Patrakarita ka Uday Aur Vikas :Press aur Prarambhik Patrakaritha, Udbhav
Kal (1862-1884 A.D) Vikas Kal (1885-1974 A.D), (Jagaran Kal- 1885-1919 A.D) Kranthi
Kal-1920 to 1947 A.D). Navanirman Kal-1948 to 1974 A.D) Varthaman Kal (from 1975 A.D
3. Hindi ke Pramukha Sampadak : Yugal Kishor Sukul, Bharathendu Harischandra,
Balmukund Gupth, Prathap Narayan Mishra, Baboorao Vishnu Paradkar, Mahaveer
Prasad Dwivedi, Ambika Prasad Vajpeyee, Suryakanth Tripathi Nirala, Premchand,
Dharmaveer Bharathi, Agney, Vidya Niwas Mishra.
4. Samachar Patra Ke Mool tatva : Samachar Sankalan, Samachar Lekhan ke Mukhya
Ayam, Samachar Ke Vibhinna Sroth.
5. Samvaddatha Ki Arhatha, Shreni Aur Karyapaddhathi
6. Sampadan Kala Ke Samanya Siddhanth
Sheershak, Amukh, Prusthhav (in) yas Samachar Patra ki Prasthuti
7. Sampadakeeya, Feature, Reporting, tatha varta
8. Prushthha Sajja, Vijnapan, Cartoon
9. Patrakaritha Me Hindi Bhasha ka Prayog
10. Karnatak Me Hindi Patrakaritha
11. Electronic Media Ki Patrakaritha : Radio Patrakaritha, Doordarshan Patrakaritha,
Paper 4.2 Bharateeya Kavyashastra (Eastern Criticism)
1. Criticism - nature and definition - criticism and critic, purpose of criticism in
Sanskrit, types of criticism
2. Literature - Nature and elements of literature - source of inspiration of literary
creation, classification of the Arts, their comparison - literature or poetry as fine Art
3. Shabda Shakti -their divisions
4. Definition of Poetry or Kavya -Eastern and Western concepts - Kavyatmavad or
theories regarding soul of poetry
5. Kavyaswaroopa or different forms of literature and poetry - Shravya, Drishya Kaavya
6. Kavya Prayojan or purpose of poetry and kavya Hetu or equipment of poetry
7. Rasa theory - importance of Rasa - Concept of Rasa, types of Rasa - Rasanishpatti
8. Alankara theory - origin and development
9. Riti Sampradaya, its importance
10. Dhvani Sampradaya - its importance - Dhvani and Rasa
11. Vakrokti Sampradaya and Auchitya Sampradaya – their importance in literary
12. Nature and elements of Drama - Ten types of Roopaka
Paper 4.3 Pashchatya Kavya Shastra (Western Criticism)
1. Early Greek poets as Critics - Literary theories before Plantonic age
2. Plato and his theory regarding poetry and poet
3. Aristotle as a critic - his Poetics in relation to his major works - his theory of Tragedy
and comedy, Catharsis
4. Other literary forms - Epic
5. Longinus on Sublime (elevation) - Longinian Theoric Technicalities
6. Medieval themes-Neo-classicism-Johnson and Dryden Later Seventeenth Century
7. Poetic Diction and Imagination - Wordsworth and Coleridge
8. The Arnoldian Prophecy -Realism and Idealism - Art as Propaganda. Art for Art's
sake and other poetic theories-Literary forms
9. Benedetto Croce - Expressionism
10. Symbolism - I. A. Richards - T. S. Eliot and Ezra Pound-their views
11. Modern Criticism - and its kinds
Paper 4.4.1 Optionals:
1. Kabirdas : 'Kabir Vachanamruth' (Doha No. 41 to the end and pada No. 11 to the
end) (edited by Vijayendra Snathak and Rameshchandra Mishra, published by National
Publishing House, New Delhi)
Books for Consultation:
1. Kabirbani - Dr. Bhageerath Misra, Kamal Prakashan,
2. Kabir - Hazari Prasad Dvivedi
3. Kabir ka Rahasyavad - Dr. Ramkumar Varma
4. Sant Sahitya- Dr. Premanarayan Shukla (Grantham,
5. The Nirguna School of Hindi Poetry - Dr. P. D. Bharathwal and
Books/recommended for consultation under Paper-XI No. 1, 2 & 7
(a) Books for Study:
1. Ramcharitmanas (Ayodhya Kand only)
2. Vinay Patrika (First 60 Padas only)
Books for study:
Sursagar Sar - Dr. Dhirendra Varma (Sahitya Bhavan Limited, Allahabad) (For
Annotations - Vinaya Tatha Bhakti, Gokul Leela, Brindavan Leela and Radhakrishna only)
PaperXX 4.5 Dissertation/Project work and Viva-voce examination 80 + 20 Marks
Dissertation should be written on the Topics approved by the Departmental Council.
Dissertation should be written at least 60 pages typed or manuscript.
Division of Marks will be as follows:
I (i) In those papers where three texts and one Text in case of Optional subjects are
Prescribed 3 main questions shall be set with Internal choice of 16 marks each 16 x 3
= 48 marks
(ii) Annotation Questions Shall be set from all the texts and one Text in Optional
Subjects with internal choice of 6 + 5 + 5 marks each 16 marks
(iii) Three short answer questions with internal choice of 6 + 5 + 5 marks 16 marks
(iv) Internal Assessment 20 marks
II (i) In those papers where texts are not prescribed (i.e. Non-textual papers) 3 Main
questions will be set with Internal choice of 16 Marks each 16 x 3 =48 marks
(ii) Two short answer questions shall be set with Internal choice of 8 marks each 8 x 2 =
(iii) Four short notes shall be set with internal choice of 4 marks each 4 x 4 = 6 marks
(iv) Internal Assessment 20 marks
III Internal Assessment will be conducted on following guide lines in all the Semesters
(a) One Test 10 marks
(b) One Seminar 5 marks
(c) One Assignment 5 marks
IV. In IV Semester students shall write dissertation for 80 marks
(a) Dissertation 80 marks
(b) Viva-voce examination 20 marks
I. General Paper-I
Shodh Pravidhi (Research Methodology)
100 Marks-(80 Marks for theory and 20 Marks for Internal Assessment
[Four periods (direct teacting hours) per week]
Portions to be studied :
1. Anusandhan ya Shodh Kya hai-Anusandhan ka Svaroop- Anusandhan ka Prayojan-
Anusandhan main Tathyon ka Upayog-Anusandhan ki Vaijnanik Pranali-Anusandhan aur
2. Anusandhan Vaijnanik Adhyayan ka Mahatva aur Vividh Sopan-Vaijnanik Pranali-
Vaijnanik Shodh ke Sopan.
3. Anusandhan ke Prakar-Sahityik Shodh, Bhashavaijnanik Shodh, Kavyashastreey
shodh, Sahitya ka Saundarya Shastreey Shodh, Sahityetihas Sambandhi Shodh, Thulanatmak
Shodh, Loka Sahitya Shodh, Sahitya Ka Samaj Shastreey shodh, Sahitya ki Manovaijnanik
4. Anusandhan ke Adhikari kaun-Anusandhan ke Vishay-Vishay Nirvachan ka Pranali-
Parikalpana ka Srot-Vishay Ki Rooprekha-Vibhinna Samasyayen-Samadhan-Hindi Shodh
5. Anusandhan ka Prayogik Vidhi-Prashnavali Vidhi, Sakshatkar Vidhi
6. Anusandhan ke Vividh Ayam aur paksh-Hindi Mein Shodh Karya ki Gatividhi aur
Upalabdhi, Shodh Prabandhon ki Vartaman Sthiti Aur Unka Anya Shodhatmak Sameeksha
Grantho se Sambandh.
7. Anusandhan-Samagri ke Srot-Tippani Kaise lee jay-Tathya Ekatthakarne ke Sadhan-
Sangraheet Samagri ki Pramanikata ki Pareeksha-Samagri ka Vargikaran.
8. Anusandhan ke Nimitta-Anusandhitru ya Shodhartti- Vyaktitva Parak gun,
Vyavaharik gun, yogyataparak gun. Margadarshak ya Nirdeshak ke gun aur Nirdeshan ke
9. Shodh Prabandh lekhan-Tatsambandhi Angik Vyavastha- Samagri ka Vibhajan aur
Samyojan-Uddharan aur Sandarbhollekh ki Paddhati-Upasamhar aur Upalabdhi, Parishisht-
Sandarbh Granth Soochi-Shodh Prabandh ke Dosh aur Unka Nirakaran.
10. Hindi Sahitya ki Samanya Chetana-Pracheen Sahitya aur Shodh-Bhakti aur Bhakti
Sahitya-Srijan aur Sameeksha- Hindi Anusandhan ki Pragati-Ek Dristhi.
11. Pathanusandhan-Prakashit aur Aprakashit Granthon ka Path Nirdharan-Pandulipiyon
ki Sthiti Par Vichar- Upalabdh Samagri ke Milane ka Dhang.
12. Prabandh-Pareekshan aur Maukhiki-Pareekshak-Report Maukhiki mein Poochhe
Janevale Sambhavit Prashna.
II General Paper-II-Thulanathmak Adhyayan (Comparative study) 100 marks
(80 marks for theory and 20 marks for Internal Assessment) (Four periods (direct teaching
hours) per week)
1. Thulanathmak Adhyayan kya hai Thulanathmak Adhyayan ka Swaroop
2. Thulanathmak Adhyayan ka Uddesha Aur Prayojan
3. Thulanathmak Adhyayan ke Siddhanth
4. Thulanathmak Adhyayan ki Samasyayen
5. Thulanathmak Adhyayan ki Dishayen
i. Hindi Kannada Sahitya dashayen aur Dishayen
ii. Hindi Kannada : Bhasha aur Vyakaran
iii. Hindi Kannad Bhashee Pradeshon ki Samskrti ka
III. Dissertation - 200 Marks :
Topic and Guide shall be approved by the Departmental Council and the dissertation shall
be written at least 120 pages typed.
IV. Viva-voce-100 Marks : (on the topic of dissertation)
Division of Marks for M.Phil will be as follows:
In General paper I & II Four main questions with internal choice of 16 marks each
Two short answer questions with internal choice of 8 marks each 8x2=16 marks.
Internal Assessment - 20 marks :
(One test-10 marks + One Seminar 5 marks + one assignment - 5 marks)
The annual course of M.Phil in Hindi shall have two terms of working days. The first
term shall be the same as that of M.A. (Hindi) I Semester/III Semester, and the Second term
shall be the same as that of M.A. (Hindi) II Semester/IV Semester.
The intake of students to M.Phil course in Hindi shall be FIVE and the admission
shall be made as per rules and norms stipulated by the university.
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN
I SEMESTER - PAPER I
1.1 Tippan Aur Alekhan
Unit-I Karyalay Karya Vidhi :
Daak Ki Prapti - Daak ka Avalokan - Dairi ki Janevali aavati yon ke Prakar, Dairi
na ki Janevali aavatiyon ke Prakar - Aavati ko Misil me rakhna - Prushtom par Sankhya Dalna
- Misilon par Prathamika ta ki Parchi lagaana - mamle se Sambandhit Kagojon ke rakhne ka
tarika Kendriya Registry anubhag - Anubhag dwara patron ko Chantna - Bantna - Ucchatar
Adhikariyon dwara daak ke Avalokan - Dak par Karyavayi – Aadesh
Unit-II Tippan Lekhan : Siddanth, Vyakhya aur Anudesh
Tippani kya hai ? Tippani ke Prakar. Tippani Kab aavashyak hai ? Karyalay
ki Tippani ka Karyakshetra va Uddesh - Tippaniyan Likhne ke Sambhandh me Samanya
Anudesh - Tippani ki Bhasha - Tippan lekhan Vidhi
Unit-III Tippaniyon ke namoone
Niyukti Sambandhi Tippaniyan Tadarth aadhar par Niyukti Vetan man ke
Sambandh me Chunav ke Sambandh me.Bharathi Niyamon ke Sambandh me -
Udahran Sahit Uparokt Tippaniyon ko Samjhaana hai
Alekhan kya hai ? alekh kab Taiyar Kiye Jathe hain ? Uttam Alekhan ke Lakshan -
Alekh Likhne ki Vidhi
Unit-V Alekh ke Prakar –
Sarkari aur Ardha Sarkari Patra ka antar - Vibhinn Sarkari Patron ke namune - Paripatra -
Karyalay adesh - Karyalay, Gyapan, Anusmarak, Prustankan ' Sankalp, Press
Vignyapti, Taar, Nivida, Adhisoochana, etc., Karyalayon me Prayukt Shabdavaliyon ka
Parichay aur Hindi /Angrezi ke Paryayon ka Parichay.
1.2 Paper II Hindi Nibandh
Unit-I Nibandh ki Paribhasha aur Swaroop - Nibhanda ke Prakar - Nibandh Kala ke Tatva
Unit-II In Vishayon par Nibandh Likhvana - Bank, Beema, Kar, Bharat ka Oudyogikaran
Unit-III In Vishayon Par Nibanda Liknavana -Poonji aur Shram, Kutir aur Lagu Udyog,
Mudraspleethi aur Jan Jeevan, Bazar aur Bazar Bhav and Bharat ki Krishi
Unit-IV In Vishayon Par Nibandh Likhvana - Mudran Kala - Panchavarsheey Yojana -
Nashabandi - Adhunik Yug me Computer and Bekari Ki Samasya
Unit-V In Vishayon Par Nibandh Likhavana – Bhrastachar Unmoolan - Sainik Shiksha -
Mahilavon ke Adhikar - Vaijnanik Aavishkar and Paryavaran ka Mahatva
Unit- VI Sankshiptikaran ke Arth - Aavashyakata-Pradhan gun-Likhe gaye kuch Nibandhon
ke Sankshiptikaran Karana
Paper III 1.3 Hindi Patrakarita :
Unit-I Patrakarita : Paribhasha, Mahatva aur Prakar
1.1 Patrakarita Ki Vibhinna Paribhashayen
1.2 Partrakarita ka Mahatva
1.3 Patrakarita ke Prakar
1.3.1 Patrakarita Ke Bhed
1.3.2 Aarthik Patrakarita
1.3.3 Grameen Patrakarita
1.3.4 Vyakhyatmak Patrakarita
1.3.5 Vikas Patrakarita
1.3.6 Sandarbh Patrakarita
1.3.7 Samsadeey Patrakarita
1.3.8 Khel Patrakarita
1.3.9 Bal Patrakarita
1.3.10 Vijnan Patrakarita
1.3.11 Chitrapat Patrakarita
1.3.12 Vrittant Patrakarita
1.3.13 Radio Patrakarita
1.3.14 Television Patrakarita
1.3.15 Photo Patrakarita
1.3.16 Sarvoday Patrakarita
1.4 Patrakarita aur Sahitya
All the students shall participate in the dialogues on various issues of
Unit - 1. Patrakarita as a Social necessity will be discussed.
Unit - 2 Samachar Patra :
2.1 Samachar Patra Ke Uddeshya
2.2 Samachar Patra Ki Visheshatayen
2.3 Samachar Patra Ke Prakar
2.4 Samachar Patra Ke Kartavya
2.5 Samachar Patra Ke Adarsh
Dialogues shall take place on the said topics of Unit-2 and the Social responsibility of
Journalism shall be discussed.
Unit - 3 Samachar Jagat :
3.1 Samachar Ki Vyutpatti
3.2 Samachar Ke tatva Aur Prakar
3.3 Samachar aur feature
3.4 Feature Lekhan Ki Prakriyayen
3.5 Lekha aur feature
Each topic of this unit shall be discussed in detail and every student shall participate
in this skill development programme.
Unit - 4 Samachar Sankalan aur Prastuteekaran :
4.1 Samachar Ke Srot
4.3 Patrakar Sammelan
4.4. Samachar Prastuteekaran
4.6 Sampadakeey Prushtha
4.8 Pustak Sameeksha
4.9 Stambh Lekhan
Students shall have iteraction with the teacher/resource person on each topic of
Unit-4. They shall be asked to write Pustaksameeksha/Stambh Lekhan idependently.
Unit - 5 Patrakarita ke Vividh Aayam :
5.1 Patrakar, Patrakar Ke dharm
5.2 Sampadak, Upasampadak
5.3 Sampadakon Ke Aadarsh
5.4 Samvadadataon Ke Vividh Roop
5.5 Peeth Patrakarita
5.6 Aakashvani Aur Patrakarita
5.7 Doordarshan aur Patrakaarita
5.8 Hindi Patrakarita Ka Udbhav Aur Vikas
5.9 Hindi Patrakarit Ko Karnatak Ki den
5.10 Computer aur Hindi Patrakarita
Radio, T. V. and Computers are used as tools in the field of Journalism. students shall
discuss the role of these tools in the field of Journalism.
1.4 IV Paper - Vyavaharik Hindi Vyakaran
Unit - 1 Hindi Varnamala
1.1 Dhwani, Varna, Varnamala, Lipi
1.2 Swar : Paribhasha aur Vargeekaran
1.3 Vyanjan : Paribhasha aur Vargeekaran
1.4 Anuswar aur Visarg
1.5 Samyukta Vyanjan
1.7 Vartani aur Uchcharan
Difference between Vartani and uchcharan, Swar and Vyanjan, Anuswar and Visarg -
all these details are necessary for skill development.
Unit - 2 Hindi Shabda : Prayog Evem Vargeekaran :
2.1 Samgna - Paribhasha aur Prakar
2.2 Sarvanam - Paribhasha aur Prakar
2.3 Visheshan - Paribhasha aur Prakar
2.4 Kriya - Paribhasha aur Prakar
2.5 Kriyavisheshan - Paribhasha aur Prakar
2.6 Samuchchaybodhak - Paribhasha aur Prakar
2.7 Sambandhsuchak - Paribhasha aur Prakar
2.8 Vismayadibodhak - Paribhasha aur Prakar
Students shall be asked to classify words used in selected passages of Hindi books.
Recognising various parts of speech develops language learning skill.
Unit - 3 Ling, Vachan Aur Karak
3.1 Ling, Vachan aur Karak
3.1.3 Ling Nirnay ke Niyam
3.2 Vachan : Paribhasha aur Swaroop
3.2.1 Ek Vachan
3.2.3 Vachan Parivartan ke Niyam
3.3 Karak : Paribhasha aur Prakar
3.3.1 Karta Karak
3.3.2 Karma Karak
3.3.3 Karan Karak
3.3.4 Sampradan Karak
3.3.5 Apadan Karak
3.3.6 Sambandh Karak
3.3.7 Adhikaran Karak
3.3.8 Sambodhan Karak
Students shall be informed of the errors regarding the usage of Ling, Vachan and
Unit - 4 Kal, Arthh Aur Vachya :
4.1 Kal : Paribhasha aur Prakar
4.1.1 Vartamankal aur Uske Bhed
4.1.2 Bhoothkal aur Uske Bhed
4.1.3 Bavishyatkal aur Uske Bhed
4.2 Arthh : Paribhasha Aur Prakar
4.3 Vachya : Paribhasha aur Prakar
4.3.1 Kartr Vachya
4.3.2 Karma Vachya
Exercises on Kal parivartan and Vachya Parivaratan are necessary for skill
development. Change of tenses and change of voice enable the language - learners to develop
the skill of using the language.
Unit - 5 Vakya Vichar :
5.1 Vakya : Paribhasha aur Prakar
5.1.1 Saral Vakya
5.1.2 Samyukta Vakya
5.1.3 Mishra Vakya
5.1.4 Artha Ke Aadhar Par Vakya ke anya Prakar
5.2 Kahvaten aur Muhavare
5.3 Viram Chinha
5.4 Ashuddhi Shodhan (Vartani, Vakya Sambandhee)
Correction of errors is necessary for skill development.Language-learners should also
exercise in composition of sentences. Usage of idioms and proverbs is also helpful for
1.5 V Paper - PROJECT WORK
II Semester - I Paper
2.1 Vanijya Patralekhan :
Unit - I Patra kya Hai ? Patra lekhan ka uddesh - Patron ke Prakar - Vanijya patron ki
Unit - II Noukari ke liye patra, shikayati patra, pooch - Taach patra
Unit - III Maal mangane Sambandhi Patra, Agency Sambandhi Patra, Bank
Unit - IV Vignyapan Sambandhi Patra, Tender(Nivida) Sambandhi Patra, Aayaath -
Niryath Sambandhi Patra
Unit - V Vyaktigath Patra ke Vibhin Namune, Anya Prakar ke Patra
Paper - II 2.2. Principles of Translation:
Unit - I Translation: Aim and Scope - Role of translation in the developing world. Definition
of translation: Definitions given by important Dictionaries and encyclopaedias, Goethe,
Theodre Savory, Postagate etc.
Unit - II Is translation an art or science? Qualifications of an ideal translation and those of an
ideal translator, Tools of translation: Dictionaries. Glossaries, Encyclopedias, Atlases, Year
books, Subject references, Human resources.
Unit-III Principles of translation - Theodre Savory as Contrastive pairs - Principle of fidelity,
Principles of the pleasure of the reader, Principles commensurateness, Principle of original
ness and Principle of compensation.
Unit-IV Forms of Translation: Metaphase of Word for word Translation, Paraphrase, Free
Unit-V Problems of Translation: Linguistic: Problems at phonological morphological and
syntactic levels - Transliteration and Transcription - Meaning and Translation, Equivalence,
Change in meaning - Cultural : Geographical, Social, religious problems encountered in
translation - Problems of translation of idioms and proverbs.
Unit-I Discover other definitions available in other sources like dictionaries and
encyclopedias in your library Look into the house journals of major publisher to know about
their published translations.
Unit-II Try if a literary work in original appears to you more or a scientific work or a work
on humanities -Go through a few translations available with you and find out how far
you can appreciate them - Check if could make use of other sources, if any, which help in
Unit-III Try to apply the principle of fidelity when you translate a passage - If you are not
satisfied try other principles - Try how you could render your translation to look like original -
find out why it becomes necessary to compensate in translation.
Unit-IV Observe translation of simple prose in your texts - Try to freely translate a passage
where you tried earlier word by word - Observe some poem in translation and see if you could
also try something like that.
Unit-V Obtain some translation of a poem and prose passage and refer standard English -
Hindi and Hindi - English Dictionaries to find out suitable equivalents - Try to transliterate
two or three passages from English to Hindi - Take a few idioms and proverbs and translate
them into Kannada and English.
Paper III 2.3 Prayojanmulak Hindi
Unit - I Kendra Sarkar Ki Rajbhasha - Neethi :
1.1 Sangh Ki Rajbhasha - neethi
1.2 Rajbhasha Adiniyam 1963
1.3 Rajbhasha Niyam 1976
1.4 Adhiniyam Tatha Niyam ka Sar
Dioalogues are necessary for skill development Students shall participate in the
discussion on various issues raised in the above mentioned topics of the unit.
Unit - II Paribhashik Shabdavalee :
2.1 Paribhashik Shabda aur Unki Visheshatayen
2.2 Paribhashik Shabdon Ka Mahatva
2.3 Karyalay se Sambandith buniyadee Shabdavalee
2.4 Prashasanik Shabdavalee
2.5 Vidhi Shabdavalee
Technical terminology and their usage is necessary in Prayojanmulak Hindi.
Knowledge of technical terms shall help the students in Skill development.
Unit - III Paribhashik Shabdavalee Ke nirman Ki Samasyayen :
3.1 Paribhashik Shabdavishayak Vad
3.2 Vanijya Shabdavalee
3.3 Sarkari Udyamon mein Hindi ka Prayog : Samasyayen aur samadhan
Students shall participate in the discussion on the coinage of technical terms.
Functional Hindi requires a large number of technical terms. Students will discuss various
aspects of the above mentioned topics.
Unit - IV Kar
- Related pdf books