UNIVERSITY OF WAIKATO
UNIVERSITY OF WAIKATO
Department of Mathematics (FCMS)
MATH311-11A – Advanced Calculus
Dr Yuri Litvinenko Room G3.04 Phone: 838 4466 x8363 Email: yuril
Wednesday and Thursday 2.00 – 3.00 pm
Tuesday 11.00 am - 11.50 am G3.33
Wednesday 11.00 am - 11.50 am G3.33
Thursday 11.00 am - 11.50 am G3.33
Friday 3.10 pm - 4.00 pm G3.33 (Tutorial)
Prescribed Texts (available for purchase from Bennetts Bookshop)
Schaum's Outline of Advanced Calculus, R. Wrede and M. Spiegel.
Schaum's Outline of Complex Variables, M. Spiegel, S. Lipschutz, J. Schiller, and D. Spellman.
Syllabus for the Real Analysis section (Text: Advanced Calculus)
• Vector calculus (Chapter 7)
• Line and surface integrals (Chapter 9), integral theorems of Gauss and Stokes (Chapter 10)
• Fourier series (Chapter 13)
• Improper integrals (Chapter 12), Gamma and Beta functions (Chapter 15)
Syllabus for the Complex Analysis section (Text: Complex Variables)
• Complex functions, differentiation, Cauchy-Riemann equations (Chapters 1-3)
• Complex integration (Chapters 4-5)
• Taylor's and Laurent's series (Chapter 6)
• The residue theorem, evaluation of integrals (Chapter 7)
Recommended Textbooks (available in the University library)
Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences, M.L. Boas.
Foundations of Applied Mathematics, M.D. Greenberg.
Div, Grad, Curl, and All That, H.M. Schey.
Introductory Complex Analysis, R.A. Silverman.
Advanced Calculus, D.V Widder.
The internal assessment will consist of WEEKLY assignments worth a total of 40% and TWO one-hour
tests, one for Real Analysis and one for Complex Analysis, each worth 30% of the final mark.
Assignments must be handed in via the slot under the G3.19 Mathematics Reception counter. All work
handed in must be your own. No late assignments will be accepted.
Provisional TEST dates (held in usual lecture times)
Test 1 Thursday, 7 April 11am G3.33
Test 2 Thursday, 26 May 11am G3.33
The internal assessment : final examination ratio will be 1/2 : 1/2 or 0 : 1, whichever works in your favour.
All notices about this paper, as well as printouts of your internal assessment marks, will be posted on the
MATH311 noticeboard. For information on the University policies and regulations regarding plagiarism and
complaints procedures please visit
- Related pdf books
- On the subsequence of primes having prime subscripts.
- Proof of the Integral Formula
- MATH259-11B - Mathematical Modelling
- MATHEMATICS OF COMPUTATION - University of Waikato
- Theholomorphic flow of the Riemann Zeta function
- Vanishing of the integral of the Hurwitz zeta function
- MATH331 Applied Mathematics
- UNIVERSITY OF WAIKATO
- Modern Algebra Lecture Notes Rings and
- a,b N m N mb mgcd a,b bm lcm a,b m - University of Waikato
- Banach-Tarski Paradox
- 1 Introduction
- MATH 101AIntroduction to Calculus 2007
- Level 3 Calculus 90635 2009
- Kevin A. Broughan ersion:V 6th July 2007 - University of Waikato
- Odd multiperfect numbers of abundancy four
- Example Let u 2 −12 and v 4 −1−4 Calculate u×v
- Popular epubs
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center 2004-2005 University Academic Catalog
- PALAWAN STATE UNIVERSITY College of Engineering, Architecture and ...
- Lynn University Volleyball Media Guide 2009
- Mercer University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Pre ...
- THE UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE ANIMAL WELFARE COMMITTEE GUIDELINES ON ...
- Comprehensive University Accreditation System Accreditation ...
- Dept. of Psychiatry Harvey Stancer Research Day University of ...
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF INTEGRATED UNIVERSITY ...
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI CURRICULUM VITAE DATE: July 27, 2011 PERSONAL ...
- University of Illinois Department of Astronomy Urbana, Illinois 61801