ACC/AAAE AIRPORT PLANNING, DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYMPOSIUM
ACC/AAAE AIRPORT PLANNING, DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYMPOSIUM F E B R U A R Y 23 - 25, 2 0 1 1 DENVER
HOST: Marc Champigny, The Louis Berger Group, Inc.
PLANNING TRACK B
Marion White, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, Gensler
HOST: Tom Mackie,
ENGINEERING/AIRSIDE TRACK D
HOST: David Hanson,
Woolpert, Inc. Walbridge
CM/PM TRACK E
HOST: David Full, AICP, RS&H
3 - 4:30 p.m. ACC NON-TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEETINGS
4:30 - 6:00 p.m. ACC TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEETINGS
2/22 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. “YOUNG PROFESSIONALS” NETWORKING RECEPTION
7:15 - 8 a.m. REGISTRATION/CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WITH EXHIBITORS
8 - 8:30 a.m. WELCOMING REMARKS MODERATOR: Don Bergin, Blast Deflectors, Inc. SPEAKERS: Terry Ruhl, P.E., CH2M HILL & ACC Board Chair; Kelly Johnson, A.A.E., Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport Authority & AAAE First Vice Chair; Kim Day, AIA, LEED AP, Denver International Airport
8:30 - 10 a.m. PLENARY SESSION A - Wake Up & Smell the Reality! The Financial Challenges of the Future MODERATOR: Woodie Woodward, Ph.D., Woodward & Associates SPEAKERS: Kate Lang, FAA; Kim Day, AIA, LEED AP, Denver International Airport; Brett Smith, Propeller Investments, LLC; Chris Chalk, Hatch Mott MacDonald; Robert Olislagers, A.A.E., C.A.E., Centennial Airport
10 - 10:30 a.m. REFRESHMENTS WITH EXHIBITORS
From Paper to Electronic... What Do Aircraft Have to Do with Terminal Design? Protect Your Airport, Your Crew & Your Operations: Alternative Project Delivery – Trends & Challenges Gray Skies to Green: How Climate Change Is Affecting the
How Technology is Transforming Airport Planning • Fundamentals and special considerations when developing terminal Make Safety a Priority • Money Matters: How delivery systems impact project costs Aviation Industry
designs to accommodate the widest range of aircraft • Safety in the construction environment from the regulatory standpoint • Delivery Options Dissected: Impacts on costs, schedule and relationships • Aviation and climate change - facts vs. fiction
• FAA CADD/GIS standards - How they impact airport master plans • Lessons learned when designing for the A380 • A look at operational safety including methods of improving safety • Top 10 considerations when embarking on a ‘new ‘ project delivery • Managing airport greenhouse gases - ownerships and options
• Application of FAA sandards at FLL - from CIP to enterprise GIS
WORKSHOP • Planning for IT - Technology considerations in airport master planning
• What airplane designers are thinking for the future that terminal planners/ requirements for construction projects through the bidding process
MODERATOR: Tom Darmody, AICP, HOK
• Reducing the airport carbon footprint - costs vs. benefits
architects need to know • Safety procedures and priorities of an airline
10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. MODERATOR: Mark Ricketson, GISP, Woolpert, Inc. MODERATOR: Gloria Bender, TransSolutions SPEAKERS: Steve Cornell, P.E., T.Y. Lin International, Inc.; Jayne O’Donnell, Turner MODERATOR: Mike Kenney, KB Environmental
MODERATOR: Jennifer Kuchinski, P.E., Parsons Brinckerhoff
SPEAKERS: Gil Neumann, FAA; Faith Varwig, Faith Group, LLC; Dan Bartholomew, Fort SPEAKERS: Wes Friedman, Cage Inc.; Christopher Teem, P.E., Boeing; Pat Askew, AIA, SPEAKERS: John Ardus,Southwest Airlines; Chris Kaminski, Detroit Metro Airport; Wesley Construction; Carlos Maeda, P.E., Kimley Horn & Assoc.; David Hensley, A.A.E., Phoenix SPEAKERS: Emmanuelle Humblet, Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.; John Putnam, Esq.,
Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport LEED AP, Perkins + Will; Salvatore Debono, P.E., AvAirPros Timmons, FAA Sky Harbor International Airport Kaplan, Kirsch & Rockwell LLP; Cynthia Hibbard, CDM
12 - 12:30 p.m. BREAK WITH EXHIBITORS
12:30 - 1:45 p.m. KEYNOTE LUNCHEON featuring Dr. John Kasarda, Co-Author of Aerotropolis - The Way We’ll Live Next
1:45 - 2:15 p.m. DESSERT WITH EXHIBITORS
Safety...SMS, SRM, SRMD What Does It All Mean for Planning? BIM: Implications for the Terminal Design Process “Pavement, Get Your Pavement Here!” The Future of IPD: Failure to Launch or Sky’s the Limit? Sustainable Buildings: Policy to Practice
• Understanding the SMS process and using it as an airport-wide tool Pavement Design and Pavement Management Systems Getting Started with Integrated Project Delivery • Providing an integrated approach to sustainable master planning
• Terminal BIM design process case study
• The FAA’s vision of SMS and its implementation • BIM and the integration of airport terminal systems • Subsurface factors for new runway pavement design and construction • What is IPD and why would an airport want to use it? • Being realistic and improving chances of achieving success
• SMS training, from leadership to daily operations • The future of BIM in airport terminal design • Considerations for the best taxiway repair strategy • IPD Contracting: Is a contract necessary to get my team to collaborate? • Lessons learned from two Canadian LEED registered terminal projects
WORKSHOP MODERATOR: Greta Hawvermale, Esq., Indianapolis Airport Authority MODERATOR: Tom Rossbach, AIA, HNTB
• Geospatial airfield pavement evaluation and management systems • Are the benefits worth the risks? MODERATOR: Alfred Moreno, NCARB, RA, AIA, LEED, Stantec Consulting, Inc.
MODERATOR: Katie Chou, Ph.D., P.E., Hatch Mott MacDonald MODERATOR: Michael Kenig, Holder Construction
2:15 - 3:45 p.m. SPEAKERS: Matt Johnson, AIA, LEED AP, Gensler; Anthony Hauck, Autodesk; Carl SPEAKERS: George Nowak, P.Eng., Hatch Mott MacDonald; Chris Snyder, P.E., Woolpert,
SPEAKERS: Michael Pavelsky, AIA, LEED AP, The Sheward Partnership; David Tomber,
SPEAKERS: Scott Simpson, AviaEd; Dave Fleet, Dave Fleet Consulting, LLC; Joanne SPEAKERS: Jonathan Pope, P.E., HNTB; Ray Rawe, Seattle-Tacoma International AIA, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport; Rian Burger, MAIBC, LEED AP, Stantec
Newth, P.E., LEED AP BD+C., Syska Hennesey Group; Mark Hughes, AIA, LEED AP, Inc.; Robert Nichols, P.E., Denver International Airport; Todd Rullo, E.I.T., AECOM Consulting, Inc.
Landry, Landry Consultants Airport; Bart Stasa, P.E., Esq., SmithGroup
3:45 - 4:30 p.m. OPEN MIC WITH THE FAA CO-MODERATORS: David Rhodes, P.E., Denver International Airport ; Andy Platz, P.E., Mead & Hunt, Inc. SPEAKER: Catherine Lang, Acting Associate Administrator for Airports, FAA
5 - 6:30 p.m. WELCOME RECEPTION WITH EXHIBITORS
7:30 - 8:15 a.m. REGISTRATION/CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WITH EXHIBITORS
8:15 - 9:45 a.m. PLENARY SESSION B - The Future of Aviation: Where Do We Go From Here? MODERATOR: Evan Futterman, Futterman Consulting SPEAKERS: Christopher Teem, P.E., Boeing; Kevin Keniston, Airbus; Yuri Gawdiak, NASA; David Klaus, Ph.D., The University of Colorado
9:45 - 10:15 a.m. REFRESHMENTS WITH EXHIBITORS
The Future of Airports...Capacity, Expansion & Creativity New Trends in Terminal Design Covering Your Assets: Asset Management, Inventory & Demystifying BHS Projects: What Works Best and For Whom? Plug the Tug...
Opportunities for Improved Facility Management • The Basics of BHS – A to Z and B to S The Efficiency of Airport Equipment: Myth or Miracle?
• How future technology will affect terminal design • What’s in store for passenger screening?
• ITC Systems... trends and advantages • Jump starting your Facility Management System • Lessons Learned – The good, the bad, and the ugly • Lessons learned from successful sustainable GSE projects
• The FAA Metroplex Concept: Can it optimize airspace and procedures?
• Data vs. Information... What does this mean for terminals & airports? • The technology, policies and hurdles of Asset Management Systems • The Future – Untouched by human hands or “Beam it up, Scotty”! • Technology Update: New developments in sustainable GSE
• Future TSA requirements: How will they benefit airports?
WORKSHOP MODERATOR: Jennifer Johnson, AIA, LEED AP, Gensler
• The heat is on: using surge suppressors to protect your investments
MODERATOR: John Naylor, Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport
• Can sustainable programs be cost AND environmentally effective?
MODERATOR: Mark Kuttrus, AICP, Parsons Brinckerhoff MODERATOR: Richard Horstmann, Urban Engineers MODERATOR: Carl Newth, P.E., LEED AP BD+C, Syska Hennessey Group
10:15 - 11:45 a.m. SPEAKERS: John Powell, SITA; Nick Bianchini,TSA; Steve Cornell, P.E., T.Y. Lin SPEAKERS: Scot Thaxton, TSA; Al Lyons, ARUP; Andrew Weddig, Unison Consulting; SPEAKERS: Gene Barry, AIA, Jacobs; Peter Kant, Rapiscan Systems; Chuck McCloskey, SPEAKERS: Steven Bivens, ITW GSE Group; Larry Bauman, P.E., C.M., AECOM; David
SPEAKERS: Robert Mattingly, CM, ACE, Sarasota Manatee Airport Authority; Jonathan
International, Inc. Derek Moore, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill; Dave Mecartney, BNP Associates, Inc. Pope, P.E., HNTB; Jeanette Stoufer, Denver International Airport Parsons; Colin Oatley, Jervis B. Webb Company Wang, GE Industrial Solutions; Jeffrey Montminy, ITW GSE Group
11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. BREAK WITH EXHIBITORS
12:15 - 1:30 p.m. AWARD LUNCHEON (PRESENTATION OF THE JAY HOLLINGSWORTH SPEAS AWARD & THE ACC EXCELLENCE IN PROCUREMENT AWARD )
1:30 - 2 p.m. DESSERT WITH EXHIBITORS
Airport Land Use: A Generational Issue or a Near Term Solution? Terminal Terminals… Renovate or Start Over? Weaving the Geospatial AC’s with Your Design/Construction Delivery of IT Systems in Large Construction Projects $ustainanomics: Greening the Bottom Line
• Airports are transportation resources and economic generators, so • Operational value and total cost of ownership Work Flow (The Money Side of Sustainability)
• IT & Construction – Love affair or prize fight?
what’s their value as assets? • Meeting demand cost effectively with what you have • Updates on content and future changes to the AC’s and AGIS system • Case Studies: What works well and what could work better • Sustainability on a budget and the total cost of ownership
• Land use compatibility fundamentals - Operational & Community • Balancing risks and just-in-time solutions • Incorporation and application of AGIS standards to engineering projects… • Spirited discussion of how to make it better! • The design process relationship between ROI and life cycle costs
WORKSHOP • Challenges in traditional and future airport land use planning
MODERATOR: Terry Palmer, P.E., Magnusson Klemencic Associates
what the FAA really wants
• Lessons learned at airports between the largest and smallest in size MODERATOR: Al Lyons, ARUP
• Legal and compliance issues in sustainable energy initiatives
MODERATOR: James Miklas, Wilbur Smith Associates MODERATOR: Matt Dubbe, AIA, NCARB, LEED, Mead & Hunt, Inc.
2 - 3:30 p.m. MODERATOR: Doug Sander, P.E., Delta Airport Consultants, Inc. SPEAKERS: John Payne, Pueblo Technolgoies Group, Inc.; Sikander Jain, CH2M HILL;
SPEAKERS: Daniel Reimer, Esq., Kaplan, Kirsch & Rockwell LLP; Lisa Harmon, Mead & SPEAKERS: Richard Smyth, Jet Blue; Tina Soike, P.E., Port of Seattle; Tamie Fisher, SPEAKERS: Thomas Wade, P.E., FAA; Jason Knipp, Burns & McDonnell; Randy Murphy, Enrique Melendez, C.M., Paragon Project Resources, Inc.; Pat Neville, P.Eng., Greater SPEAKERS: Eric Dillinger, Jacobs; Jane Ahrens, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, Gresham Smith
Hunt, Inc.; Janell Barrilleaux, FAA Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Grafton Technologies Toronto Airports Authority and Partners; Peter Kirsch, Esq., Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell LLP
3:30 - 4 p.m. BREAK WITH EXHIBITORS
Wildlife Management: How Has the Game Changed? Landside/Terminal Integration: Future Access & Amenities Squeezing the Blood... Out of the Design/Construction Turnip Onerous Contract Terms - Friend or Foe? Beyond the EMS: Tools for Making Real Sustainability Work
• Alternatives to turf grass at airports to reduce wildlife hazards • The business case for landside development
• Contract terms – why bother? • Moving sustainability beyond the EMS
• Methods to maintain schedule on time critical projects
• Standardizing protocol for wildlife hazard assessments • How privatization can improve terminal-landside integration • Setting contract terms – What makes the onerous, onerous?
• Mitigating financial conflicts – stakeholder perspectives • Establishing goals & metrics
• Increasing efficiency of airport wildlife control programs • Master plan consideration for landside development • Lessons Learned – friends, failures and successes
• Alternative delivery methods for airfield programs • Using established frameworks & technology to monitor goals & metrics
WORKSHOP MODERATOR: Jennifer Lynch, C&S Companies MODERATOR: Kim Day, AIA, LEED AP, Denver International Airport MODERATOR: Brian Phillips, P.E., LEED AP, Burns Engineering MODERATOR: Kathryn Masters, P.E., Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport MODERATOR: Jane Ahrens, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, Gresham Smith and Partners
4 - 5:30 p.m. SPEAKERS: Amy Anderson, FAA; Simon Davies, RW Armstrong; Travis DeVault, Ph.D, SPEAKERS: Charu Deshmukh, Mumbai International Airport Pvd. Ltd.; Khaled Naja, P.E., SPEAKERS: Mark Day, P.E., A.A.E., Blue Grass Airport; Joesph Vigilante, P.E., Burns SPEAKERS: Deborah Mastin, Esq., Miami-Dade International Airport; Kirk Niemi, Esq., Watt,
Engineering; Louis Russo, Parsons; Arnie Rosenberg, Parsons Brinckerhoff Tieder, Hoffar & Fitzgerald; Michael Raponi, Holder Construction SPEAKERS: Stacy Hollowell, Siemens; Brad Rolf, Barnard Dunkelberg & Co.; Burr
USDA City of Chicago Department of Aviation; David Casselman, AIA, Lea+Elliott Stewart, Burrst
5:30 - 7:00 p.m. AAAE CORPORATE COMMITTEE MEETING
8:15 - 9 a.m. REGISTRATION/CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WITH EXHIBITORS
9 - 9:45 a.m. OPEN MIC WITH THE TSA CO-MODERATORS: Kelly Johnson, A.A.E., Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport Authority & Roddy Boggus, AIA, Parsons Brinckerhoff SPEAKERS: Scot Thaxton (Office of Security Operations); Domenic Bianchini (Office of Security Technology), Christopher Runde (Transportation Sector Network Management, Airports) & Scott Dalton, Esq. (Office of Chief Counsel)
9:45 - 10 a.m. BREAK WITH EXHIBITORS SPECIAL THANKS to all Track Hosts, Moderators, Panelists & Sponsors IT Focus Integrated Workshops
Airport Procurement Processes & Design Fee Negotiations: Sustainable Master Plans / Sustainability Master Plans
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly • An introduction to the FAA’s Sustainable Master Plan Pilot Program
SYMPOSIUM CHAIR: 2011 STEERING COMMITTEE: ACC BOARD OF DIRECTORS LIASION:
• What overhead caps, salary caps and interviews actually accomplish • Why a Sustainable Master Plan? What are the benefits for airports?
SUPERTRACKS • Not all design fees are created equal • Incorporating airports into local government’s sustainability programs
DON BERGIN, Blast Deflectors, Inc. DEAN SCHULTZ, A.A.E., Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority RODDY BOGGUS, NACRB, AIA
10 - 11:30 a.m. • How to let consultants know what you really want in a proposal MODERATOR: Janell Barrilleaux, FAA
MODERATOR: Laurie Cullen, A.A.E., HNTB Parsons Brinckerhoff
SPEAKERS: Carol Lurie, AICP, LEED AP, Vanesse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.; Scott Morrissey, CORNELL MAYS, AIA, St. Louis International Airport
SPEAKERS: Diego Rincon, Dallas Love Field; Loy Warren, P.E., Kimley Horn & Assoc.; City of Denver; David Rhodes, P.E., Denver International Airport
Enrique Melendez, C.M., Paragon Project Resources, Inc.
Ski trip Available SYMPOSIUM VICE-CHAIR: KIRAN MERCHANT, Port Authority of NY&NJ
11:30 - 11:45 a.m. CLOSING REMARKS Saturday Feb 26!
LAURIE CULLEN, A.A.E., HNTB WAYNE SIELOFF, AIA, A.A.E., NCARB, Wayne County Department of Aviation
PRELIMINARY V2/3 (SCHEDULE & SPEAKERS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Other pdf books
- Related pdf books
- iti - Federal Aviation Administration FAA Runway Safety M j I iti ...
- Airports GIS Electronic ALP Development and Deployment
- iami, Florida 2009 Airports Economic Forum - progrAm - AmAc/AAAE
- Director, Internal Audit
- Planning IT Projects with CIP
- The Federal Aviation Administration and the American Association ...
- AAAE / Great Lakes Chapter – Overview of NetJets Green Initiatives
- Conference Program
- You maybe like
- A ScriptLogic Product Positioning Whitepaper
- CENTRESPACE for the ARTS LEnten Obervances
- living constitution 3 answer key
- advanced accounting hamlen 2 edition solutions
- geometry plus vocabulary
- Credentials for Facility Management Personnel
- custody of the pumpkin critical analysis
- CVJR ENGELSK 20100816 allman doc
- Computer Utilization for Diabetes Epidemiology
- gettysburg movie questions answers
- Il maraschino che visse due volte