Chemical Fact File ®
Chemical Fact File ®
Chlorine — NIOSH 6011
The working range of NIOSH Method 6011 for chlorine is 0.007 to 0.5 ppm (0.02 to 1.5 mg/m3) for a 90-liter air sample. This method
may be used for STEL samples. Hydrogen chloride, hydrogen sulﬁde, and hydrogen bromide may interfere with this method.
Required Equipment: 2. For calibrating the pump, use the sampling train described above
1. An air sampling pump capable of sampling at the recommend- and connect the inlet of the ﬁlter cassette to the calibrator with ﬂex-
ed ﬂow rate with the sampling medium in line, such as: ible tubing. Calibrate the pump ﬂow rate to the rate speciﬁed in the
method. When calibration has been completed, remove the ﬁlter cas-
• SKC Universal Sampler sette, reinsert the inlet and outlet plugs, and save the ﬁlter cassette for
• SKC AirChek® 2000 Sampler recalibration at the end of sampling. Request SKC Application Guide
• SKC AirChek XR5000 Series Sampler #1366 for more information on calibrating a pump.
• SKC AirChek 52 Sampler
3. For sampling, set up a sampling train as above except use a new
2. An air ﬂow calibrator, such as: preloaded ﬁlter cassette and do not remove the inlet plug on the ﬁlter
• Defender Primary Standard Calibrator Cat. No. 717 Series cassette until ready to sample. The inlet of the ﬁlter cassette should
be facing down. Attach the cassette holder clip to a worker's collar
3. SKC Preloaded Coated Filter Cassette Cat. No. 225-9006 and the pump to the worker's belt. Remove the ﬁlter cassette inlet plug
and turn on the pump.
4. SKC Filter Cassette Holder Cat. No. 225-1
4 Sample at an accurately known ﬂow rate for the recommended
period of time.
SKC Application Guides:
1. Sampling Train — Filters and Cyclones, #1166
5. At the end of the sampling period, turn off the pump and note
2. Calibrating a Pump Using an Electronic Calibrator, #1366
the ending time. Remove the ﬁlter cassette and use the end plugs
provided to plug the inlet and the outlet of the ﬁlter cassette. Record
any pertinent sampling information.
Flow Rate 1000 ml/min 1000 ml/min
6. Calibrate the pump with the representative sampling media in line
Sample Time 1.5 hours 15 minutes
to verify that the ﬂow has not changed by more than 5%.
Air Volume 90 liters 15 liters
NIOSH REL 0.5 ppm 1 ppm
7. Submit ﬁeld blanks from the same lot number as the sample ﬁlters.
(NIOSH Manual of Analytical Methods [NMAM], Fourth Edition, 8/15/94)
Field blanks should be subjected to exactly the same handling as the
samples except that no air is drawn through them.
8. Pack sample ﬁlters, ﬁeld blanks, and all pertinent information
Sampling and Analysis: securely for shipment to a laboratory for analysis.
1. To set up a ﬁlter cassette sampling train, select a preloaded coated
ﬁlter cassette and insert the ﬁlter cassette into the ﬁlter cassette holder
with the cassette inlet facing down. Remove the outlet plug and connect Storage:
the ﬁtting on the end of the rubber tubing of the ﬁlter cassette holder Samples are stable for at least 30 days at 25 C. Protect samples
to the ﬁlter cassette outlet. With the ﬂexible tubing provided, connect from light.
the ﬁlter cassette holder to the pump inlet. Request SKC Application
Guide #1166 for more information on preparing ﬁlter cassette sampling
Ion chromatography (IC)
Copyright 1996 - 2011
Notice: This publication is intended for general information only and should not be used as a substitute for reviewing applicable government regulations, equipment operating instructions, or legal standards. The
information contained in this document should not be construed as legal advice or opinion nor as a ﬁnal authority on legal or regulatory procedures.
Publication 1332 Rev 1106
SKC Inc. 724-941-9701 SKC South 434-352-7149 SKC Gulf Coast 281-859-8050 SKC West 714-992-2780
- Related pdf books
- References for the Industrial Hygienist
- Sampling Train - Two Tubes in Series Application Guide 1171 ...
- Publication No 1755 Industry Guide Health Care PDF
- Toluene diisocyanates (2,4- and 2,6-TDI) — ASTM D 5836 Chemical Fact File 1432 PDF Document
- Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) — NIOSH 5506, 5515 Chemical Fact File 1464 PDF Document
- HAZ-DUST I Real-time Particulate Monitor 770-1100 Product Data Bulletin 1627 PDF Document
- Vinyl chloride ASTM D 4766 Chemical Fact File 1434 PDF Document
- HAZ-DUST VDM-7500 770-7500 Spec Sheet 1684 PDF Document
- Popular epubs
- Groundwater in Karst Regions
- Disposal of Dead Animals In Michigan
- terex bt 60100 load chart
- Ehrungsordnung des KSB Burgenland e
- Deteksi infeksi HIV pada bayi dan anak secara dini
- florida commercial fishing vessel lease agreement form
- ENDOWED INTERNSHIP FUNDS
- Chemical Resistance Form For Biologix Plastic Laboratory Supplies
- word search on distance
- ISU DAN CABARAN
- childrens printable advent calendar for 2013