Website of the embassy of Egypt in London
Website of the embassy of Egypt in London
Opening hours are as follows:
Monday - Friday
9:30 am - 12:30 am for lodging Visa applications – no appointment necessary
2:30 pm – 4.00 pm for collection of passports - no appointment necessary
UK and EU nationals travelling to Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba resorts ONLY, for a maximum
of 14 DAYS, do not require a visa prior to travelling as a free entry permission stamp will be granted upon
arrival.If you intend to travel outside of the above mentioned areas you MUST obtain a Visa.
NATIONALS FROM ARAB COUNTRIES ARE ADVISED TO CONTACT THE CONSULATE BEFORE
MAKING AN APPLICATION FOR A VISA, TO CONFIRM REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
Holders of passports other than UK, EU, Japanese, Singapore, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian and
U.S.A., must have at least six months validity on their UK visa when applying.
Please click here to download a Visa application form
APPLYING FOR A VISA IN PERSON
Visa applications take 3 working days provided all necessary documents are provided.
Please note: Your visa application can be lodged at the Consulate by a third party, on your behalf.
Requirements when applying in person for a visa to Egypt:
1. Passports – All nationalities
Must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of issuance of visa
2. Passports - Non European
Must have a valid UK visa and passports have to be valid for at least 6 months from the date of issuance
of visa. (other requirements may be needed for certain nationalities, please check section 1)
Two recent coloured passport sized photographs (45mm x 35mm) taken against a white background,
with the name of the applicant written on the back, and attached with a paper clip to the application
4. Application Form
A completed application must be sent for each visa application. Forms can be obtained from the
Consulate or downloaded by clicking the link above.
5. Fee payment (see Table 1 below)
Cash is the only accepted form of payment for visas when applying in person.
Please note: Scottish currency is not accepted
Kindly note that original documents and fees are NOT required until approval has been obtained
The following nationalities and holders of Travel Documents require approval from the competent Authorities in
Egypt prior to issuing the visa (this process takes 6 to 8 weeks):
Iran, Tunisia, Somalia, Morocco, Algeria, Lebanon, Iraq, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Burundi, Rwanda, Liberia,
Nigeria, Ghana, Sierre leone, Mali, Niger, Chad, Israel, Afghanistan and Moldova.
Nationals of China, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia,
Bangladesh, Turkey, Philippines and Sri Lanka working in the UK can obtain a single entry
tourist visa provided the following documents are provided:
1. All documents mentioned in ‘Requirements when applying for a visa to Egypt’
plus the following:
2. Validity of UK working visa for further 6 months
3. Return tickets
4. Bank statement
5. Letter from employer
Chinese students can obtain single entry tourist visa providing us with the following:
1. All the documents mentioned in 'Requirements when applying for a visa to Egypt'
2. Letter from recognized UK University addressed to the Egyptian Consulate stating duration of enrolment.
3. Return ticket
4. Minimum of 6 months validity on UK student visa.
Who have valid residence for at least 6 months can travel without a visa to Egypt.
Can stay in Egypt for up to two weeks without a visa, if more than 2 weeks the usual requirements apply.
Holders of Palestinian Authority passport can be issued with a transit visa for 72 hours.
Holders of Travel Document for Palestinian refugees, if carrying permission to pass through, can have a
transit visa for 72 hours, otherwise must wait for approval from the Authorities in Egypt (see Section I).
Please note that transit visas are only applicable if the Rafah border is open.
1. Single and Multiple Entry Visas are valid for 6 months and allow a maximum stay of 3 months in Egypt
2. A multiple entry visa is valid for one individual passport, and allows the applicant to travel more than once
to Egypt, within the 6 months validity.
3. Only one visa is required if passport holder has children under 16 years old and the child is included on the
4. Children who have their own passports (including babies) will require a visa in their passport.
5. Business visa applications must be submitted with a letter from the Company stating the reasons of the
6. No vaccinations are required for tourists travelling from the U.K. to Egypt. Please check with your G.P.
for any vaccination recommendations.
7. EU & USA Nationals are exempted from registration with the local police.
8. Visitors who are from Egyptian origin or who are married to an Egyptian national can obtain a free multiple
visa upon proof of original documents (eg. marriage certificate) being provided.
9. There is a limit of L.E. 5,000 and $10,000 or equivalent, on the amount of cash allowed to be carried in or
out of Egypt.
10. Residency visas can only be obtained in Egypt.
11. Work permits can only be obtained by your employer in Egypt with the local authorities.
All inquiries related to the issuance of Visas should be emailed to
STRICTLY for emergencies (out of office hours)
Telephone - 0207 235 9777
please dial extensions 230 or 237 when you hear the automated message
Should you require assistance with your trip to Egypt
(not related to visas) please contact the
Egyptian Tourist Office - Tel: 0207 493 5283
Email: [email protected]
- Related pdf books
- Popular epubs
- Design Guidance for Residents and Developers LITTLE WOODHOUSE
- Cuban Population
- Locais de Aplicacao
- origin lux series
- geografi projek band 5 tingkatan 1
- Health Policy and Systems Research
- simples short stories on past tense
- asking questions to clarify esl game
- Het BIBBERBOEK
- 1st Grade NEWS
- Active and Antimicrobial Packaging